Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cost of mission trip and fundraising

The holidays are fast approaching! I love the holidays and everything that comes with it. I love the planning, the preparing, the celebrations, the family, etc. Some people get stressed out during the holidays, I refuse to do that. Although time is moving at a breakneck speed, and my trip to Haiti is in the middle of this, I am enjoying every minute.

Thanksgiving will be here soon. I am so thankful for the wonderfully supportive family and friends I have. I had the H1N1 virus/flu over a week ago and some two great friends really stepped up and helped me out in my time of need with my children. My parents were out-of-town visiting my sister, so I was really in a bind. Shelley and Lori, thank you for being awesome!!

I am also tremendously grateful to those who contributed to my trip to Haiti. To date, I have raised $554. I did this by sending letters to 26 people. The people I sent letters to were friends and family. I sent a couple to close acquaintenances. And only one letter to a person I really do not know that well at all, and that would be my deacon at church. Out of the 26 people I sent letter to, 12 people responded. I also had 2 women at church that I did not send a letter to, but found out about my trip and wanted to contribute. This really surprised me! I did not ask them, but they felt move to gvie anyway. That is amazing to me!

The total cost of the trip, and this includes airline tickets ($608.99), registration fee($25), and the cost of the stay while in country ($925), costs $1558.99. I paid for the airline tickets upfront. I only asked people to contribute the $925 cost of the stay while in country. I now only have to pay for $371 of the trip. God is good!

Update on malaria pills: I was wrong about how they are suppose to be taken. You are suppose to start taking them one week before you leave, and then one pill every week there after for a total of 6 weeks. The pills cost $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment